My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://issascrazyworld.com
and update your bookmarks.

CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

10 years ago today

It doesn't seem like 10 years could have gone by since Logan and I said, I do. Don't get me wrong, some days it seems like it's been a million years, but mostly it's gone by pretty fast. Three kids does that to you. You can't blink, because you'll miss it all.

My husband is not the man I married 10 years ago. I am not the woman I was back then. We have changed, grown, become different people. (Which hopefully happens when you marry at 19 years old.) We're lucky in the sense that the people we grew into, grew in the same direction and still get along. At least most days.

Yesterday was not one of those days. Yesterday was hard people. Just plain hard. But see, no one ever said marriage was easy. It isn't; it's a constantly challenging thing. Totally worth it, but not easy. As my mom says, if you don't have the horrible days, you'd never really appreciate the good ones. I've never aired my dirty laundry on this blog, not where it concerns my husband. I don't intend to start now, but lets just say, yesterday wasn't fun. It doesn't really matter today, because it was yesterday and now it's over.

However, yesterday we didn't act like people who have been married 10 years. We didn't act like people who love each other. Hell, we didn't even act like adults. (As Morgan says, we weren't acting our age or IQ. She loves to say this too the dog, although I'm not sure dogs care one bit.) I am not proud of it, but I'm not upset about it either. Life moves on, love is bigger than irritation and frustration. I have never been good at staying angry. It's too much dam work.

This morning, I woke up, turned over and was happy to see him. Him, the beautiful man I married. The man who was such a butt munch yesterday. Every morning, I look at him and I love him. No matter how pissed I might be, when he looks at me, I know I will always forgive him. Eventually. Because I love him. I love him more than everything in this world. I know that no matter what happens, he is here for me, and I for him. I'd move the moon for him if he asked.

10 years people. 10 years. I was going to be all sweet and sappy today, but I'm just not in the mood. Mostly because I am too freaking tired to form two thoughts that make sense. Instead I give you this:

Me: Babe, we've been married for ten freaking years. Don't you think it's about time you started actually hanging up your wet towels?

Logan: Iss, we've been married for ten years. Don't YOU think it's about time you gave up on me hanging up my towels?

And that my friends is what ten years of marriage looks like.

17 comments:

Childsplayx2 said...

I gotta say, I'm with Logan on that last one. It is what it is, you know?

Congrats on reaching 10 years.

Susan said...

That IS what 10 years is about. Congrats!

Jaden Paige said...

tee hee. So cute.

Happy tenth anniversary! Here's to all the days- good, bad, and in between- together! :)

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary. 10 years, that is awesome. I love how honest you are about relationships and them being work. So true. You guys are cute.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Happy Anniversary!

Marriage ain't easy. Thanks for being honest about it! And good thing we love our men so much... even when they don't hang up their towels.

OR take out the trash. Or do the dishes. Or the laundry. Or the vacuuming.

Or, like this morning, when he thought he'd put off changing the baby's diaper cuz his cereal was getting soggy. I coulda killed him! lol

We forgive them every time :)

Maura said...

Awwwwww! Congrats!! And congrats for not killing him yesterday and falling one day short of the mark. :-)

Kirsten said...

Congrats! No wedding pics??

J from Ireland said...

So true, marraige is hard but totally worth it. Happy Anniversary.

Catherine said...

Ha! That IS what 10 years looks like. Congratulations!

anymommy said...

Looks pretty good to me. Congratulations!

Amy said...

Love this. Marriage IS hard ... and funnny, too. Glad today is better.

Mom101 said...

My mom always said that marriage is really a contract that says "sometimes I'm going to catch up to you and sometimes you'll catch up to me." Those days where you're right in line? Far and few between. Sounds like you two are doing just great.

Happy anniversary.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Awwww, love this post. We hit 10 this year as well. Congrats to you guys.

Kari said...

We spent our anniversary at California Pizza Kitchen with my sister, and five kids between us. We didn't even sit at the same table, because they had to split us all up if we didn't want to wait another 20 minutes. It was hilarious.

Happy 10 Years to you both!

EatPlayLove said...

I completely agree with you, even though the work is tough, it's so nice to wake up next to the person you've spent so much of your life with. Wet towels or not.

Anonymous said...

We are about to celebrate our 20th in a couple of weeks...we STILL seem to be having that same battle!

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Kris said...

Congrats on 10 years! I'm coming from AM btw... I'm sorry yall had a rough anniversary, but at the same time.. the way you wrote that made me smile.