My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://issascrazyworld.com
and update your bookmarks.

CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'll take a little random with my random, please

If I don't start writing, I may just stop altogether. I've tried to come up with something to say for nearly a week now. I have nothing.

But this blog and I are good at this. The being inseparable when I have much to say, the separation and nothing-ness when I have nothing. It comes and goes.

I think the best I can do is try for a little bit of randomness. See where that goes.

-The sixth Harry Potter movie is coming out next weekend. In this house we are huge, no make that HUGE Harry Potter fans. We own all of the movies and are currently reading book three to the girls at night. We will be watching a movie a night this week and then I think we will see the new movie at some point on Sunday. We were going to go Friday night, but instead I think we are going to camp with family Friday night and go tubing on Saturday.

-Bailey is going to be five *sob* on Saturday and she really wants to do this tubing thing. She heard some cousins talking about it and she thinks it sounds like a blast. I am just happy I don't have to deal with Chuck E' Cheese (Parental Hell), which was her first idea. Tubing on Saturday, Harry Potter 6 and Cold Stone Ice Cream cake Sunday. Sounds like a good birthday to me.

-I managed to get all of the girls school supplies purchased yesterday. Seems awfully early to be doing it, but school starts the 14th of August (squeeeee) and Morgan is very particular about what she gets. Clothes will wait until the last week prior, because I am incapable of not letting them wear them. If I wait and buy them, the week before or a few days before, they won't ask everyday to wear them. I've learned.

-I am emotional, very emotional in fact about Bailey turning five this week. Five seems so old. Kindergarten in a month seems so insane. Where did my tiny baby bruiser go?

-I am sick to death of my husband working 14 hour days all of the time. I am sick of him reminding me that when the girls were little, I did the same thing, while he took care of them. I think it sucks being a single parent, when you are MARRIED.

-I am tired. Tired of arguing with my daughters about which toys can't be left on the floor. I am in a throw it away mood and I'm likely to start tossing anything the baby gets a hold of, if they keep it up. Tired of coming up with meal ideas. Tired of grocery shopping. Tired of laundry. But mostly, I am just tired.

And that's all she wrote.


Oh wait, one more thing. If you are going to BlogHer, will you let me know in the comments here. Just wave or something. I am trying to make a mental list of people I want to meet and anyone who visits here is on the top of that list.

14 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I'm going! Let's stick together so we don't need to hide in a corner ;-)

Amazing Greis said...

I know this will come as a TOTAL shock to you, but I'm going to BlogHer!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, can't wait to see you in Chicago. Holy cow, I'll be boarding a plane in 9 days. Squeeeee!

I've got so much to do and I'm totally running out of time.

J from Ireland said...

Not going to Blogher as its on the other side of the world for me!! I hope you have a great time though.

I am going to see the new Harry Potter movie on wednesday evening, which we (my husband and 3 older kids) are really excited about!! We are huge fans of Harry Potter and have read all the books so are eagerly awaiting to see the film!!!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I am a HUGE HP fan too. I cried when the books ended. The movies are somewhat of a consolation though.

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

omg i went on a tyrant one time and threw away tons of hannah's toys that were left out. not that it changed anything but i felt a lot better!

Anonymous said...

Hubby is going to see the Harry Potter movie, I'll wait till it comes to DVD. :)

I'm coming to BlogHer.

Perksofbeingme said...

I'll be at blogher.

Kirsten said...

I am so with you on the single parent thing. My husband works a ton and travels and sometimes I feel like I'm parenting on my own here. I feel your pain.

Can't wait to share a coffee in the morning and glass of wine in the evening at BlogHer with you.

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

I kept a bin in the garage where all my older daughter's toys went when she left them on the floor for the baby to get.

She didn't really notice, until months later when I gave them all back.

Something tells me she may have a few too many toys!

See you in Chicago!

Heather said...

I am going, but not really. I will be there all day Thursday and most of Friday but not going to any sessions just hanging out.

Happy Early Birthday to your girl. I also get so emotional at their birthdays, that and the concerts. Who cries at 5th grade band concerts? Oh right, I do.

Kari said...

Aaahhhhh! I'm so behind! You think you're not writing that much, but I can't believe how far behind I am on your posts. Oy. Summer is crazy.

Anyway - I'm going to BlogHer, as you know, so I better see you there!!!!

Lex - @laprimera said...

I am going to find you at blogher and hug you and squeeze you.

EatPlayLove said...

I sometimes feel like a single married parent as well. Tubing for birthday sounds awesome, which means fall and winter birthdays suck (my girls)! Have fun celebrating.

anymommy said...

Five. Yeah. That is tough. Hugs, I hope it's a wonderful birthday.

I can't wait to hug you/hold your hand/hang out in Chicago.