My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://issascrazyworld.com
and update your bookmarks.

CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Random thoughts, the Vegas edition

- Krispy Kreme donuts are awesome.

- All five us in one room, was really not that fun. We all need more space than that. Plus, all of them snore.

- Issa did not sleep the entire trip.

- Saki and beer are not a good combination. Just in case you were wondering.

- Issa is a lightweight drinker, just in case you were wondering.

- If spinny is not a word, it is now, because that's what my room was like on Saturday night.

- No water, tons of caffeine, crying for days and too much alcohol make Issa a hung over grouchy individual. That was on Sunday morning and today, I don't feel that much better.

- I've never been in a hotel in Vegas, where I could hear the people in the room next to me. This time though, I could. Lets just say, they had a lot of fun in the bathroom. Way too much fun in the bathroom.

- Going to Vegas with my children is a completely different experience. They thought it was so exciting. All combined, there were seven children, ages seven and under. The baby loved all the light and sounds, the kids loved the non-stop entertainment and sugar. I did things that I never would have done. M&M World was a big hit. A big thank you to the lovely Maura for the suggestion. If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend going. I mean, unless you for some strange reason don't like M&M's and then I'm not sure I can know you anymore. :)

- Wedding ceremonies in Vegas are fast. In my next life, this is the way I'll be getting married. No drama, no big deal. Just a quick ceremony and then cake. Oh wait, there wasn't cake. Now I see the flaw in my plan.

- Vacations planned last second cost butt loads of money.

- The last second vacation: is worth every single cent.

- I didn't gamble at all, although Logan lost every cent we had brought for it. Sunday morning, I handed him the baby, as we were checking out and I told him I wanted to play $20 in the Wheel of Fortune machine. Two pulls and I won. I won $300 over the amount of money, that this entire weekend had cost us. I won it all back; plane tickets, hotel room, food, snacks, shoes for my child, because I forget to pack her any and she was wearing snow boots, the swim suits we purchased, everything. I gave the $300 to Chris and Steph as a wedding present. I mean really, what do you give people who have been living together eight years, when they get married? Cash works.

That's all I've got in me today. The kids are at home. I really needed them to go to school today. Like, I really needed them to go to school today. All they've done since yesterday afternoon is argue with each other and with me.

8 comments:

Jaden Paige said...

OMG that is so awesome! Congrats on the winning :) I'm so glad to hear you had fun! :) Never been to Vegas myself, but it sounds like a blast!

rachel... said...

I always wanted to get married in Vegas, too!

Congrats on your big win!!!

Christy said...

Wow that is so amazing that you won it all back - what good luck you have! I'm sure you're so glad to be home - no matter how fun a vacation is, isn't it just the best to return home to sleep in your bed (and have the kids sleep in their own rooms)!

Ruby Soho, DelusionalGirl said...

Congrats on the win!

Sake and Kirin's beer is good. Love sake bombs, but I can't have beer any longer. I'm a little sad.

Glad you had a good trip.

Maura said...

I'm glad you like the M&M place -- I'm sure my bag of them will be arriving any day now!

The winning at the end part is like something out of a movie. Very cool! :-)

Kirsten said...

Sounds like a memorable vacation!!

anymommy said...

Love it, sounds like you had a blast, despite the dehydration.

And yum, Krispy Kremes. You have great taste in junk food.

Lesley said...

This was a totally fun "list" post. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm glad you had a great, spontaneous time in Vegas. I'm just sorry for the sadness that inspired the impromptu event. Poor girl – facing the upcoming loss of her mom. That just breaks my heart.