My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://issascrazyworld.com
and update your bookmarks.

CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Vegas here we come...

Yesterday, I received a call from my one of my best friends. He said, I’m getting married. On Saturday. In Vegas. Oh and please don’t tell anyone.


Oh yes, really? Dude, you know better than that. You’ve known me too long to believe that was even a possibility.


There are no secrets in the BFF group. That’s the only rule we’ve got; that there are no secrets. You don’t remain friends forever if you keep secrets from one another. So, Chris calling me and telling me to keep a secret, especially one as big as that? Hellz no.


Everyone knew within an hour. Possibly sooner than that.


Steph, Chris’s long time girlfriend was pissed at me last night. For telling everyone, when I was asked not too. She knows the no secrets rule, she was just pissed that I’d enforced it.


This morning though, she called me crying. They always knew they’d get married one day. They’ve been together over ten years. They have two boys together. She said when they did it, they wanted to go big, to have a huge wedding, but they wanted to pay for it themselves, so they have been saving. But her mom is dying. She’s been fighting cancer for two years and I guess on Monday, they gave her six months. The chemo isn’t working, cancer is wining. Steph is her only child, so she and her dad asked her mom what she wanted to do, if anything that she’d never done. She came up with three things. She wants to see Steph and Chris married; she wants to take her grandsons to Disney World for the first time; and she wants to spend a week with her husband in Greece.


Chris has no family. We’re his family. He was raised by his grandmother who died while we were all in High School. He spent his last two years of High School, living at my house. I reminded her of this last night.

As we talked this morning, oh rather she talked, I listened and we both cried, she said, he wants you there, he’s just afraid to say it. So, we’re going to Vegas. All of us. Of course we will be there, there is no question. When your family needs you, you go. The end.


Of course, holy crap, now I’m going to Vegas. I’ve managed to get a flight out tonight and we’ve got a hotel room. We’re taking the kids with us. What’s a fun filled Valentines Day in Vegas, without a bunch of kids?

It should be fun actually. We haven’t all been together at once in three years. So, it’s a reunion of sorts. Now, all I have to do is pack five people, one being a baby, for two days. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh


Ok, I’m better now. I hope you all have a great Valentines Day. If you don’t care about Valentines Day, have a great weekend.


10 comments:

Jaden Paige said...

woo-hoo!!! Have fun!

I know it will be a blast. What a great friend you are, to drop everything and be there when he needs you :)

Congrats to the soon-to-be-newlyweds, too! The reason they are doing it now sucks... but I still hope it will be a wonderful weekend for everyone to remember!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Here's hoping for an uneventful plane ride with all those kids! (Just the thought terrifies me!)

You're a good friend :)

And HAVE FUN!

Stephanie said...

Good for you. You definitely did the right thing telling the group and they are going to be so thankful that everyone is there and together for the occassion. Have so much fun and enjoy. I can't wait to get to Vegas after my little one is born to spend some time with my bestest.

Have a wonderful weekend/Valentine's Day!

Oh and good luck packing for all of you!

Christy said...

Oh my god I'm so glad you told the whole group and I hope you all have a blast....but of course so sorry to hear about why they're having the wedding with such short notice.

Happy Travels!

J from Ireland said...

That made me cry.

Hope everyone has a great time in Vegas.
I love that you will all be there together.

anymommy said...

Hope it is fantastic. May the baby sleep the entire time on the plane. Both ways.

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're so sweet. I hope you have a great time!

Kari said...

Have an awesome time!!!

Spontaneous trips are so much fun, and this one sounds increadibly special. Can't want to hear about it when you get back.

Maura said...

It's so great that you've gone. Even if you're going to cry all the way through the ceremony. :-)

EatPlayLove said...

How fun, hope you had a blast! Can't wait to hear the stories.